Thursday 6 September 2012

E-Petition

I have just signed a petition that protects marriage in it's traditional form. Just to clarify, I don't actually have an opinion when it comes to gay-marriage; I think gay couples should be allowed to do as they wish, the act of them marrying does not affect anybody. I just signed this particular petition because it's the only one I know anything about.

That aside, I think it's fascinating that individuals and communities can advertise and raise awareness of what issues are happening in Australia over an online petition. The amount of people that can have their input is far greater than traditional ways of signing petitions, and it was also extremely easy! It took me all of 1 minute! So if I ever have a bone to pick with the government, I will surely consider making a petition for whatever it may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment